Pages

Current Update News




Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Checker

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Longtailed Mockingbird - Mimus Longicaudatus

Identifications:
A medium-sized songbird, a bit more slender than a thrush and with a longer tail. Mockingbirds have small heads, a long, thin bill with a hint of a downward curve, and long legs. Their wings are short, rounded, and broad, making the tail seem particularly long in flight.Mockingbirds are overall gray-brown, paler on the breast and belly, with two white wingbars on each wing. A white patch in each wing is often visible on perched birds, and in flight these become large white flashes. The white outer tail feathers are also flashy in flight.  (from birdexpress.net)
 
I accquire this bird on 10/10/09.  I want the male and the shop tried to give me what I want but no guarantee as both male and female are looked alike.  So far the bird is calm but little nervous when I stand infront of the cage. He jumps around the cage whenever I come near but not in a panic/blindly jumping to cause any harm to himself.  He eat few crickets, and small mealworms as far as I see.  Hopefully when he gets use to the cage and start eating pellets, he will sing which is the main objective why I accquire this longtailed mockingbird.  My shama can learn new song from this bird.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment