Pages

Current Update News




Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Checker

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Shama pair's 7th clutch update

It's been awhile since I update this blog. Fifth batch is a total loss. 2 out of 4 eggs hatched but the parents throw them out on the 4th day. I think the reason is part of my mistake to leave 2 unhatched eggs still inside the nest with 2 hatched babies. I think the parents throw those two babies out to continue to incubate the remain eggs per their instinct. Sixth batch has 4 eggs but only one hatched and the remain three eggs has chick develop inside but could not hatch. I don't know what is the reason for this but I assume part of it is the egg laied in late season which didn't have enough substance to develop a strong baby or partly due to super hot weather during those incubation time.

Here is a little clip of 7th batch of 08 season. Eleven days and no hatch yet so far. Hope I can some babies out of this batch.




No comments:

Post a Comment