Pages

Current Update News




Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Checker

Monday, May 2, 2011

First shama thrush chick of the 2011 season

Only one chick hatched and left the nest yesterday.  All other eggs are non-fertile.  This one looks like a male to me.  Maybe better luck on the next clutch (fingers crossed).

 

Update 05/16/11: Both long tail pair and their children pair had some eggs hatched on Sunday 05/15/11.  Not sure how many eggs hatched but I'm sure there are at least one in each nest.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I use to keep and breed Shama Thrushes 40 Years ago in Germany. I kept them in a 100 sqm well planted Aviary and the use to breed easily in half open Nest Boxes.I had 3 to 4 Chicks per clutch and was feeding them mainly with Meal Worms and other small Insects with I could find in the Area. I also used manufactured Softbill Food.
    Congratulations to your Success.
    I wish we would not have these very tide Import regulation here in Australia so I could keep this beautiful Song Bird again.

    Ulrich
    ulrichm9@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete